It is unfortunate, but car accidents happen all the time in and around Fort Lauderdale each and every day. You could be the safest driver out there on the road, but other drivers may not be as safe and courteous as you are. A car accident can leave you seriously injured or could even be fatal. If you have been involved in a car accident due to the negligence of another, you will need the help and guidance of an experience and dedicated car accident lawyer. Not only will you need to seek compensation for the medical expenses and property damage that you have endured, but you should also be compensated for your injuries, pain and suffering, and any future medical costs that you will incur in order to make a recovery, contact our car accident lawyers today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for a number of reasons. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Fort Lauderdale include, but are not limited to:
- Other drivers who are speeding
- Another driver’s failure to obey stop sign and red light
- Inattentive or distracted driving, for example, texting while driving or using a cellular phone
- Other driver’s negligence
- Driving while overly tired
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe weather conditions
- Unsafe road conditions
- Mechanical failures of vehicles
- Improperly repaired components of the vehicle
- Defective tires, or other defective parts of the vehicle
When other drivers are careless or act negligently behind the wheel, they can end up causing an accident. Innocent victims like you can end up involved in a car accident and you may not know what to do.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The most important thing that needs to happen after a car accident is for you to get the medical attention that you need. After you have had a chance to seek medical attention, you should immediately get into contact with an experienced car accident lawyer. Your car accident lawyer will be able to help you to identify the parties that are liable to you for your accident, can help you file a personal injury claim against the negligent party who caused the accident, and can file a claim with your insurance company or the insurance company of the negligent driver.
It is important that you work with a car accident lawyer who cares about you. You will need to be compensated for your injuries and your medical expenses, along with any time you need to take off from work, any property damage that you have sustained, and any future medical expenses that you may incur as you make a recovery. A tenacious and dedicated car accident lawyer will work hard to ensure that you get the maximum compensation that you deserve.
Why You Should Work with a Fort Lauderdale Auto Accident Attorney
Many people hesitate to contact a Fort Lauderdale car crash attorney after an accident, wondering whether or not working with an attorney is really necessary. While you have no legal obligation to contact a lawyer, doing so can improve your chances of recovering the maximum amount of money that you are owed, and can also provide you with a sense of confidence throughout the process. Here are some important ways that our Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney helps you after a car accident.
- Investigating your accident. Fault in a crash is not always clear, and even when it is, the right evidence must be collected to prove it. Fault, or negligence, can have a big impact on the amount of money that you receive in a settlement offer, and unless you prove the negligence of the other driver (or other at-fault party), you may be unable to recover compensation at all. The investigation starts as soon as we learn around your accident, collecting all evidence. This includes physical evidence, pictures of the accident scene, police reports, video footage, witness statements, and more.
- Filing your claim. Filing can be tricky. You may not know how to file your claim after an accident, or against whom. This is especially true if the accident was caused by a party other than another driver, such as the manufacturer of a defective auto part. Our Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys help you file your claim against the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Proving damages. If you are injured in a crash and suffer losses, you may assume the insurance adjuster who is responsible for processing your claim will recognize this and therefore receive compensation. Unfortunately, that’s not always true. You will need to prove the full extent of your losses in order to recover any compensation. Our Fort Lauderdale car crash attorneys can assist you in gathering medical bills, working with experts, and proving damages.
- Negotiating for a fair settlement offer. Frequently, insurance adjusters offer claimants less than they deserve, hoping that the claimant will take the money in desperation and frustration. When your settlement offer does not address the full amount of damages you have suffered, we will aggressively negotiate for a more suitable settlement amount.
- Taking your claim to court. When a settlement cannot be reached, our Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys will be prepared to take your case to court.
Types of Auto Accident Claims
Most car accidents happen because of negligence, which is the failure to exercise a certain level of caution while operating a vehicle. The car crash attorneys, along with your insurance company, will conduct a preliminary investigation to identify whether you were negligent or not.
To have the best chances of winning the case, the experienced auto accident attorneys must prove that the defendant’s negligence caused the accident. Some examples are negligent drivers, reckless drivers, intoxicated drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and those who text and drive.
If your vehicle, or the defendant’s vehicle had a defect contributed to the accident, the injured party may have a claim against the manufacturer of the vehicle or one of its many parts. If the car had a faulty manufacturing issue, the manufacturer can be held responsible regardless of who was actually at fault for the accident.
The Fort Lauderdale auto accident attorneys must prove that you were not at fault for the accident, and that the defect happened due to the manufacturing process. Usually they bring in expert testimony and analysis as evidence to prove that the defect caused or contributed to the accident. Successful lawsuits will require the plaintiff to show:
- The defective car or part was “unreasonably dangerous”
- The vehicle was being operated safely
- The vehicle’s performance had not changed since purchase
Then there’s faulty construction, design, or maintenance of roads. This can contribute to car crashes and have nothing to do with the drivers. This type of claim will prove the plaintiff and defendant not guilty due to circumstances beyond their control.
Types of Auto Accident Injuries and Compensation You May Be Entitled To
The extent and severity of injuries suffered will vary based on each individual case. In some cases, treatment for injuries will not be covered by insurance. The auto accident attorneys help cover costs of injuries that include:
- Burns and scars
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries
- Knee damage
- Permanent disability
If you are seeking further compensation for damages, your experienced Fort Lauderdale car crash attorney will approach the negligent party’s insurance company in an attempt to recover compensation to cover your remaining costs. Your claim will be submitted for approval to the insurance company, which will have led an investigation of its own.
The success of your claim will likely depend on the ability of your attorney to collect, analyze, and present evidence. It can be challenging considering the opposing insurance company will clearly want to minimize their disbursement.
Providing your attorney with as much information as possible can help your odds of winning the case. If your attorney and the insurance company cannot agree on a settlement, often the case may proceed to trial.
In addition to these, our experienced car accident attorneys can help you obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Car Accident Attorneys Assist with Wrongful Death Claims
If you have lost a loved one in a car crash, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit. In these cases, the family or survivors of the victim must prove that their loved one was killed as a result of another’s negligence. You can gain economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Today
A car accident can be a terrifying experience, and dealing with the legal aftermath can seem overwhelming and complicated when you are trying to make a physical recovery after your accident. Working with an experienced car accident lawyer who cares can help alleviate some of your stress, which can allow you to focus on getting your life back to normal as soon as possible. Contact one of our caring and dedicated car accident lawyers today by calling 877-271-6605.