Premises Liability Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
Property owners have a duty to maintain their premises in a way that is reasonably safe for customers, guests or others who may be lawfully on the property. A negligent landowner who fails in this duty can be liable to the people who were harmed by the property owner’s negligence. At Friedland & Associates, our commitment to making wrongs right includes holding Fort Lauderdale property owners accountable for the damage caused in a slip and fall, trip and fall, or other premises liability injury. Contact our experienced Fort Lauderdale premises liability lawyers today.
Florida property owners have a duty to inspect, repair and warn of dangers
Property owners, especially businesses open to the public, should regularly inspect their premises and promptly repair any dangerous condition or make sure that people are warned of the danger. Common hazards include food or drink spills; wet or slippery entryways or floors from rain, mopping or waxing; objects on the floor or torn carpeting that create a tripping hazard; objects falling from shelves; broken tiles; unmarked steps; and broken or missing handrails. If any condition like this is allowed to go unrepaired, it is reasonable to expect that somebody could get seriously hurt in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident.
Premises liability cases can be difficult to prove and win against corporate defendants. Many hazardous conditions are temporary or spring up suddenly, and it can be challenging to establish that the property owner either knew or should have known about the danger but failed to fix it or put up a warning within a reasonable time before the accident happened. At Friedland & Associates, we understand how to work with investigators, code compliance experts and others to build a compelling case demonstrating the defendant’s liability. We have successfully litigated a number of slip and fall personal injury cases against many different entities, including restaurants, major department stores, banks, cities, county municipalities, cruise lines, homeowners and others. Our premises liability practice includes not only slip and fall cases but also cases involving dog bites and negligent security as well.
What to do after a Fort Lauderdale slip and fall accident
- Report the accident immediately to the manager of the store or the property owner. Make sure that an accident report gets written up documenting what happened.
- If you are able, take pictures of the area showing what caused the accident. If there were any witnesses, try to get their names and phone numbers, and a statement from them about what they saw.
- See a doctor. After any fall, knock to the head, back or neck strain or other accident, it is important to follow up with your doctor soon after the accident. Sometimes pain or other symptoms do not show up immediately after an injury, but the sooner you can be checked out and diagnosed, the better your chances for a full recovery. Seeing a doctor also establishes a record of when and how the accident happened; if a condition develops over time, you don’t want the insurance company claiming that some other incident happened later that caused your injury.
- Call Friedland & Associates. Don’t worry if you don’t know what to do after an accident; we do. We can guide you through the steps necessary to secure your rights and ensure you get the proper medical care you need. We will also get to work right away collecting and preserving important evidence from the accident before it is lost, while building a strong case to help you get a favorable settlement or jury verdict should a trial be necessary.
Help is Available for Slip and Fall Injuries
If you were injured in a slip and fall, trip and fall, or other premises liability accident in Fort Lauderdale, call Friedland & Associates at 954-321-8810 (Broward), 305-324-6614 (Dade), or toll free at (800) 95-INJURED. We do not charge to talk to you or meet with you, and if your injuries prevent you from traveling, we can come to you. Call Friedland & Associates, and let us help you get the care and compensation you need and deserve.
- Playground accidents attorney fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Amusement & Theme Park Accident Attorney