Product liability is the area of law in which manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and others who make products are held responsible for the injuries those products cause. Contact our experienced product liability lawyers for more information.
There are three major types of product liability claims:
- manufacturing defects;
- design defects;
- marketing defects (improper instructions and warnings)
Manufacturing defects usually involve materials that are of poor quality or bad workmanship. Design defects involve products that are inherently dangerous due to a dangerous design. Marketing defects arise in products that carry non-obvious dangers, which could have been mitigated or prevented through warnings to the users.
There are numerous products that can cause harm to people. Some examples are:
- prescription drugs
- poorly designed childrens toys
- caustic chemicals (eg. asbestos, benzene, lead paint)
- automobile defects (eg. Faulty brakes, tires, steering components, seatbelts, airbags, power windows)
- personal hygiene products
- flammable childrens pajamas
- exploding bottles of beer/soda
- window cords resulting in strangulation
- medical devices
Contact Our Experienced Product Liability Lawyers
If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of a product, please call Friedland & Associates for a FREE CONSULTATION at 954-280-2842. Regardless of where you live, WE COME TO YOU. We will be happy to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have, free of charge.